For posts on various restaurants that I visited, go here.
Prologue: May 10th is National Small Business Day. One of those are these cute little mom and pop restaurants or locally owned cafes and dive-ins. This series brings forth those little nuggets of places that I visit for my meals.
A cute little hideaway with delicious food made from fresh ingredients. Don’t forget the Mimosas! A great little gem in Newington’s crown, if I may say so.
Another favorite place that I frequently visit is this cute mom and pop breakfast / lunch place called The Little Cake Café located in downtown Newington, Connecticut. Just like the place suggests it is a cute little building that looks like a tiara from the façade. They have plenty of scrumptious breakfast and lunch options.
Here are my 2 cents.
- Plenty of Breakfast and Lunch options on the menu for all kinds of palate.
- Always made with fresh ingredients and fills your stomach.
- Reasonable price and pleasant service by the staff.
- New addition recently to their menu is serving Mimosas all through the breakfast and lunch. A definite reason for me to go often. 🙂
5. Ambience is cheerful with seasonal decorations everywhere. Last time I was there it was during early December so I could see plenty of Christmas decorations. They even decorated their fireplace.
6. Located very close to my home, but is not either if you want to try.
7. Has outdoor seating for Spring and Summer months, sometimes during those warm Fall days.
8. There is additional seating near the bar counter as well.
- I couldn’t find anything that this place could go wrong with.