For posts on various restaurants that I visited, go here.
Prologue: May 10th is National Small Business Day. One of those are these cute little mom and pop restaurants or locally owned cafes and dive-ins. This series brings forth those little nuggets of places that I visit for my meals.
Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring! That is exactly what Flora tells us with their plant-based menu and drinks. Just try a few items to figure out what you might like or not like. A unique place that you can try at least once!
Flora is a vegan restaurant with plant-based menu and drinks located in West Hartford, Connecticut. The first time I went I was not too happy. But I went again a year later and found the menu interesting. I guess the selection of the menu item matters.
Here are my 2 cents:
- Very cool ambience inside, even the bar is bright, cheerful and of course Flora.
2. Their seasonal menu includes plants and some sustainable raised animal foods. Due to the menu being seasonal, it changes a lot.
3. A Husband and Wife team owns the restaurant who own another restaurant “Rooster Co.” in Newington, Connecticut that I have been meaning to try for a while.
4. Reasonably priced menu for lunch and dinner. They have a juice bar too.
5. Breakfast is served on Fridays and Saturdays. And Brunch on Sundays.
6. I loved the way the entire place is decorated right from the first floor to the stairs leading up to the restaurant.
- It take a few tries to like the vegan food, and since its seasonal, it depends on what seasonal plants they use.